Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wahwah wednesday.

in Japan they've been wearing leg warmers with everything since I was at least 11 years old. AT LEAST.

i'm really glad i got to be there for such important developmental stages. Moving here to states really made me lame it up quite a bit, i used to be ridiculous with mixing patterns and unless it was loud, obnoxious, perfectly fitting, and one of a kind(!) i wouldn't wear it. When i got here people made fun of all my four inch wedge platform heels(and i had two pair that were six inch chunk platformsAH), shirts that said things like "John Valby gives great handjobs"(comedian that is dirty not funny), my fantastic fanny packs, all my macramé(ihadsomuchmacrame) EVERYthing. i do admit i was hanging out with a difficult to deal with west valley bro type of crowd, i feel stupid that I forced myself to devolve into such a boring jerk. I don't have the confidence i used to nor can i wear what i really WANT to wear because now i've just lost the confidence i need and gained some weight i didn't. Difference in size means difference in esteem. I haven't yet learned to deal with these larger thighs and unrelenting hips nor accept that they are my only choice in this life. ANYWAY. Rant.

SO! Legwarmer--i never really dug em when i was young, i never found a way to make them work with what i was wearing because as I do like things Busy! busy+legwarmers is a sexy Asian thing that I think my american brain can not comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment